Project Four: Story Telling

 





This project is telling the story of Uncle Donny's lover. Uncle Donny (or Donald) was a great uncle of mine who moved from Poland to America in the early 1900s. Donald would later be killed in front of his apartment doorstep, while I don't know why he was killed it could have been because he was a polish immigrant who worked with pharmacy companies to make birth control, or maybe even the fact that he was gay. 
The man is the picture would have represented Donny's hypothetical lover who probably wound't have been alerted about Donny's death until weeks later, through grape vines, new paper obituaries, or just guessing. 

I'm currently working on making the window frame that frames the piece. The background is still a work in progress seeing its rough looking. 

Comments

  1. This is absolutely amazing; it genuinely looks professionally done!! I love the story behind the whole idea and am so excited to see the final product!! I am interested if you kind of draw the window frame or if you're going to put a picture of one in it. (does that make sense?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cool! It looks like a vintage poster. I can totally picture this framed and hung on a wall in a nicely decorated room.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Mercedes! I love this composition! I think the repetition in the figures, buildings, and blueprints look super satisfying, and line up really well. I love the subtle differences in the figures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Mercedes. I think your story is very intriguing. I enjoy the multiple images layered on top of one another and the repetition of the figure. I think it makes a very rich image. I'm excited to see what you've done to these for the final!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts